If you want to learn how to create and decorate your own cushions, you will have to check out this post which will give you much interest!
Well, You don’t have to make a huge difference when trying to redecorate your home. An easy way to actually change the mood of a room is to simply use decorative cushions to give it a new feel. Plus, it’s really easy to make! You just need a little creativity and a few materials.
The best thing about the cushions is that they can be changed really easily with just a few simple steps. Especially in the case of solid color cushions. The basic materials for this task are:
- Sewing needle
- Glue gun
- Fabric marker
- Material to decorate
- Thin paper (ideal tracing paper)
- Cloth (varies in color and texture, and you can recycle what you don’t use.)
How to make your own decorative cushions
You will need a large piece of fabric (cushion cover), needle, thread, paper with your design, pinking scissors, tracing paper , pins, fillings, pencil, and ruler .
- First, spread the fabric on a flat surface such as a dining table .
- Put another cloth of the same size on top.
- Draw a design on tracing paper .
- Then cut it out and fix it on the fabric.
- Sew around the design. There should be a gap to accommodate the filling inside.
- Turn the fabric over so that the stitches are not visible.
- Fill the fabric with the filling. Add a cushion or whatever you want.
- When the filling material is filled inside, the gap is sewn.
- Decorate according to your taste.
Tips for decorating a cushion
Below, we’ll share some tips on creating decorative cushions that give your home a fresh look.
1. Wool drops
Wool bells are pretty popular now, so you can also use them to decorate your home. You can put a fleece of wool on just the corners or the entire edge of the cushion.
- Wrap the wool on a cardboard of the desired size.
- After winding several times , carefully remove the cardboard.
- Tie the middle of the ball with wool of the same color and divide it into two.
- Cut the folded end of the wool ball.
- Arrange the thread on the cut to make a bubble.
2. Drawing design and decorating with buttons
- Draw a shape in the center of the cushion.
- Using a glue gun, attach the red button inside the outline.
You can create hearts, clouds, and sun flowers and use buttons of various colors. Use your imagination!
3. Shape the cushion with cloth
In this method, you’ll use the remaining pieces of fabric to create different shapes. It is recommended to sew a piece of cloth in the center of the solid color cushion to make it more voluminous and stand out.
4. Add letters or phrases
If you want to draw large letters that fit perfectly, follow the steps below.
- First , copy the letters on the cardboard . Stick the cardboard with letters on it with a pin to the cushion.
- Cut the letters carefully.
- Mark around the letters using fabric markers.
You can also write a phrase if you want.
- First, write it on the cushion with a pencil.
- Then use the marker. This method will probably be easier.
5. Decorate with beads and sequins
If you like sparkling, this is an opportunity to make a great gift for yourself with bright decorative cushions.
- Choose the design you want.
- It’s a good idea to start by drawing gently with a pencil.
- Glue the beads together.
There are many ways you can use beads and sequins. Let’s have a good time!
6. Drawing on cloth
You don’t have to be a skilled painter to paint great paintings on decorative cushions. Just follow the steps below.
- First, make a cushion with a soft, light colored cloth. This will be easier to work with.
- Then, display them in various colors. It would be really fun to be with the kids .
- The basic design will always look best.
- If you want, you can paint a rural landscape, flowers, or anything you like.
With just a few simple brushstrokes, you can completely change the cushions and transform the old, dull and achromatic room. The best part is that it’s really fun and makes your home look great !
If you enjoyed the post, give me likes and subscribes as your kind support!