Most people shave in the opposite direction of hair, but if you have good looking hair, it is better to point the blade in the direction of hair growth.
One of the most common aesthetic problems for men as well as women is ingrown hair. Ingrown hair occurs when the hair follicles grow under the skin due to clogging of the hair follicles due to the accumulation of sebum and keratinocytes. Fortunately, you can prevent ingrown hair.
It is also a common problem with thick hair or curly hair. It can also be caused by lack of shaving or exfoliation .
Ingrown hair is not a serious problem, but care should be taken as it can cause pain, inflammation and some infections .
Fortunately, there are a few tips you can follow to prevent ingrown hair. Today, this article introduces the six best ways to add it to your personal care routine.
Related Post : Beauty Tips – Best 8 Ways For Hair Removal You Must Know
6 recommended ways to prevent ingrown hair
1. Remove dead skin cells
If your skin is vulnerable to ingrown hair, use exfoliants to remove impurities that can clog pores . This treatment softens the skin’s touch and removes dead skin cells that cause acne or other blemishes.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week before shaving.
- Choose natural products like honey.
- Apply moisture after using these products.
2. Choose the proper hair removal method
Not all types of skin can withstand all hair removal techniques. It works well, but some can cause side effects such as ingrown hair.
The use of a razor does not remove hair to the roots, which can affect the normal growth of hair. Waxing weakens the roots of the hair follicles, which causes the hair to lose strength and cannot penetrate the skin, hindering the normal growth of the hair.
- Do not use the razor if your skin becomes sensitive or reddened.
- If you use a waxing method, pay attention to hair growth.
- Try hair removal cream or natural products.
3. Learn how to shave correctly
If you prefer to use a razor because of time issues or personal preferences, you should use it in the right way to prevent ingrown hair.
- Wash your skin with soap and water before shaving.
- Use a shaving cream or moisturizing product to keep your skin hydrated while shaving .
- Always shave in the direction of hair growth.
4. Don’t wear tight clothes
Even if you don’t seem to have a relationship at all, hair growth can be a problem, especially if you wear tight clothes after shaving. This is because the skin loses its ability to “breathe” and affects the health of the hair follicles.
- Buy loose clothing made of cotton or well-ventilated fabric.
- Don’t wear tight jeans or similar clothes.
5. Use a warm compression bandage
Using a warm compression bandage before shaving is a popular way to promote hair removal and prevent clogging of the hair follicles. Heat softens the skin and helps keep the imitation healthy, so it doesn’t get clogged.
- Heat the water slightly and apply it before applying the skin.
- Use a pressure bandage twice a day until the hair has grown naturally.
6. Use disinfectants
To prevent infection of the hair follicles, it is recommended to use cream or disinfecting ointment after waxing and shaving. This is because the razor blade can damage the top of the hair follicle and promote invasion by bacteria and microorganisms.
- After shaving, dry the skin and disinfect with disinfectant.
- If you don’t have a commercial product, choose honey, garlic or aloe vera gel.
So, Does Ingrown Hair Frequently Occur?
If so, try out some of the methods mentioned above to get rid of the grow hair. However, if you have acne or infection in your hair follicles, you should visit the hospital.